Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rides you would like to do (given the time, money, etc.) - a virtual Cycling 'Bucket List'


Thought this would be interesting for everyone to comment on - a friend sent me information on a ride that is well known (Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa) and I figured there were many more. One of these days we might be able to be like Hash Pipe (retired and fit even!) and be able to try some of these. Kindof like a Cycling 'Bucket List'.

One of my first rides is below in comments!


4 comments:

bill_cunningham_az said...

How about a 7-day 450+ mile ride across Iowa! No hills, so partying every evening is viable!! Anybody up to it this summer? (Not that I could go this year)

Here's a link to last year's route:
http://ragbrai.com/data/2010/ragbrai-main-map-2010.php

McDowell Cycling said...

Not RAAM (Ride Across AMerica)

2 day ride from Phoenix to Flagstaff would be good.

That Hawaiian volcano (up & down) would be a challenge.

Some of the big climbs we see during Le Tour De France. The EPIC climbs, like L'Alpe D'Huez, Mont Ventoux or the Galibier. I hear Col De Aspin is a cakewalk and anyone can make it up that hill!

Unknown said...

Put these RAAMesk psycho journeys on your bucket list and smoke them!

If you are completely off the deep end check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_d%27Afrique

On the mountain bike side of things:
http://tourdivide.org/

Ken and I will be doing this one featuring trail ridge road http://www.bicycletourcolorado.com/

On the mountain bike side:
http://breckepic.com/

bill_cunningham_az said...

Another one on my cycling 'bucket list' ... MOAB. If anyone is interested in planning a long weekend trek to ride in Moab, let me know! I follow two events that are there annually:

1. The Skinny Tire Festival in the Spring: http://skinnytireevents.com/content/section/4/31/

2. The Moab Century Tour in the Fall: http://skinnytireevents.com/content/section/4/31/

This has always sounded like great riding with a beautiful backdrop!!