Tuesday, March 29, 2011

30 Days of Biking

The Deal

Challenge: April 1–30
The only rule for 30 Days of Biking is that you bike every day for 30 days—around the block, 20 miles to work, whatever suits you—then share your adventures online.
Feel free to join me and others in this adventure.  You can post your rides and comments right here in this blog.  You can also post your rides on Twitter.  
Happy April!
http://30daysofbiking.com/bike/


19 comments:

bill_cunningham_az said...

I'm in!! Weekdays will be a challenge, but Tue/Thur 5:30AM rides are back on, and will add Wed 5:30AM to those - Mon and Fri may do just a quick ~ 10 mile spin around 'Jim's loop' when I get home from work! #30daysofbiking should be cool!!

bill_cunningham_az said...

Just registered at http://30daysofbiking.com/bike/register

Pretty cool!!

Phil Wazny said...

With my new daughter 3 weeks old, my leash is being let out a bit. I'm in!

McDowell Cycling said...

Day 1: I rode my son's cruiser bike to Bahsas and bought groceries for dinner. I Put them in the basket and rode home. Total distance less than 10 miles.

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 1: A warm (102 degrees!) quick 37 min, 11 mile spin Bell/Hayden/TPP and home! Nice start to #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 2: Saturday's group ride was excellent - 52 miles around the McDowell's. 70 degrees at start, 85 to end at coffee!! An Excellent Ride.
#30daysofbiking

McDowell Cycling said...

Day 2: 50 miler around the McDowell Mountains. Eerily similar to Bill Cunningham's ride. I think he is stalking me.

mad said...

This was probably the hardest day for me to make the ride due to my daytrip to Tucson. @530 am I did 10 miles down to and across Sweetwater, then back home.

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 3: Beautiful morning! Nice 35 mile ride to Paradise Valley and back. #30daysofbiking continues!

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 4: Nice fast 16 miles after work with WALL-E - #30daysofbiking followed up with #30daysofbeer for NCAA Championship Game!

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 5: 5:30AM Los Gatos loop - 18 miles! Nice! Frank, Saul, Mike Paul and I - looks like 5:30AM Tue Thur rides are on! A great way to start the day #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 6: Token ride to mailbox preceded by brisk 5 mile walk around Tempe Town Lake! #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 7: 5:30AM Los Gatos loop - 18 miles! Sweet fresh air after last nights rain! Mike, Paul, Rich and I - 1 rattlesnake & 1 javelina (both dead) in road! #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 8: 15 miles Westworld Loops, some one-legged laps aka Frodo! Mike, Paul and I - then Frank and Saul swooped in! A good start to the day. #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 11: Quick 12 mile loop after work! Felt nice - but ended with a flat. New tube, new tire, all set for 5:30AM ride! #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 12: 18 mi 5:30AM Los Gatos loop. Good to have Josh back out there, along with Mike, Corey and Derrick. #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 13: Act One: 26 miles on a perfect riding morning to the office! (Act Two? will be riding home tonight!) #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 19: 18 mi Los Gatos loop - almost light enough to forget the headlamps! 7 riders - Chris broke a spoke! #30daysofbiking

bill_cunningham_az said...

Day 21: 18 mi Los Gatos loops with 8 riders - almost light enough that headlamps aren't needed! A good way to start the day. #30daysofbiking